ICSE 10th English Exam 2023 :- The ICSE (Class 10) board exam for the year 2023 has begun and the first paper on the list is the English paper. English is one of the most important subjects and is a language that has a global reach. It is a subject that requires good comprehension skills, excellent vocabulary, and a strong command over the language. The ICSE English paper is divided into two parts – Language and Literature. The paper aims to test the students on their language skills, their understanding of literature, and their ability to express themselves clearly and coherently. In this article, we will take a closer look at the ICSE English paper and provide tips on how to prepare for it.
The ICSE English paper is divided into two parts. Part 1 is the Language paper, which is further divided into three sections – Reading, Writing, and Grammar. Part 2 is the Literature paper, which is also divided into three sections – Prose, Poetry, and Drama. The total marks for the English paper are 80, and the time allotted to complete the paper is two and a half hours.
ICSE 10th English Exam 2023
Let’s start with the Language paper. The Reading section is worth 20 marks and consists of two passages – one of 600-700 words and the other of 300-400 words. The passages can be from various genres such as fiction, non-fiction, or a literary extract. The aim of this section is to test the student’s comprehension skills, and hence, the questions will be based on the content, vocabulary, and context of the passage. It is important to read the passage carefully and make notes of important points while reading. This will help you answer the questions more effectively.
Also read:- Class 10th English Exam 2023 : Check Previous Year Question Papers, Marking Scheme, Important Instructions
The Writing section is worth 20 marks and consists of two questions – an essay and a letter. The essay will be of 300-400 words, and the topic will be given. The letter will be of 150-200 words, and you will have a choice of informal or formal letters. It is important to have a good understanding of the format and structure of an essay and a letter. Plan your essay before writing it, and make sure to include an introduction, body, and conclusion. Follow the correct format for the letter, and make sure to address the correct person and use the correct tone.
The Grammar section is worth 20 marks and consists of multiple-choice questions, fill in the blanks, and sentence correction questions. The questions will test your understanding of grammar rules such as tenses, parts of speech, active and passive voice, direct and indirect speech, and sentence structure. It is important to have a good grasp of grammar rules and practice as many grammar exercises as possible.
Moving on to the Literature paper, the Prose section is worth 20 marks and consists of two passages – one of 300-400 words and the other of 150-200 words. The passages can be from various genres such as fiction, non-fiction, or a literary extract. The aim of this section is to test the student’s understanding of the passage, and hence, the questions will be based on the content, theme, character sketch, and author’s style. It is important to read the passage carefully and make notes of important points while reading. This will help you answer the questions more effectively.
Also read:- How do I get 80 percentage in the board Exams?
The Poetry section is worth 20 marks and consists of two poems. The poems can be from various genres such as ballads, sonnets, or free verse. The aim of this section is to test the student’s understanding of the poem, and hence, the questions will be based on the content, theme, imagery, and literary devices used in the poem. It is important to read the poem carefully and make notes of important points while reading. This will help you answer the questions more effectively.
- Be on time: It is crucial that you arrive at the examination center on time. Latecomers will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. You are advised to reach the center well in advance of the start time, to avoid any last-minute rush or delay.
- Adhere to the dress code: Please make sure that you follow the dress code as specified by the board. You are not allowed to wear any fancy or flashy clothes, jewelry, or accessories that can distract other candidates or give you an unfair advantage. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes, as you will be sitting for a long time.
- Carry the necessary items: You are required to carry the necessary items such as a pen, pencil, eraser, sharpener, ruler, and other stationery items. Do not carry any electronic gadgets such as mobile phones, smartwatches, or calculators as they are not allowed inside the examination hall.
- Read the question paper carefully: When you receive the question paper, read it carefully, and understand the instructions given. Make sure that you understand the marking scheme and the type of questions that are asked. Check the number of questions and the total marks allotted to each question. This will help you plan your time and attempt the questions accordingly.
- Write legibly: It is important that you write legibly and neatly. If the examiner is unable to read your handwriting, you may lose marks. Write in a clear and concise manner, and avoid using abbreviations or shortcuts.
- Manage your time: Time management is a key factor in performing well in any exam. Make sure that you allocate your time properly, so that you have enough time to attempt all the questions. Do not spend too much time on any one question, and move on to the next question if you are stuck.
- Attempt all questions: It is important that you attempt all the questions in the question paper. Even if you are unsure about a particular question, attempt it to the best of your knowledge. You may be able to score partial marks for your attempt.
- Revise your answers: Once you have completed the exam, make sure that you revise your answers carefully. Check for any spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, or incorrect calculations. Make sure that you have attempted all the questions, and that you have not missed any parts.
- Stay calm and focused: Finally, it is important that you stay calm and focused throughout the exam. Do not panic if you are unable to answer a particular question. Take deep breaths, and try to relax. Remember, it is just an exam, and there will be other opportunities to improve.
I hope that these instructions and guidelines will help you perform to the best of your abilities in the ICSE (Class 10) board exams of 2023. All the best!
Follow Us On
ICSE 10th English Exam 2023, analytical paragraph class 10, cbse sample paper, english sample paper class 10 2023, letter to editor class 10, sample paper class 10 2023, article writing class 12, class 10 english sample paper 2022 23, reported speech class 10, english sample paper class 10, modals class 10, class 12 english sample paper 2022-23, class 10 english syllabus 2022-23, 10th board exam time table 2023, 2023 Indian Certificate of Secondary Education Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (Corporate & ISC Office) • Institute of Company Secretaries of India Company secretary CBSE Exam, class 10 Board examination English Language